Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Yeah I know...but it's my Sabrina...."



This has nothing to do with today's post, but this is video from the Last song of the last show by The Rheostatics, I cool canadian band..


I have long accepted the fact that I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to music and movies. It is a fact that I will not deny and a truth that has been long on display in this little corner of cyber space, however even us movie and music snobs have our little guilty pleasures in the collections. Albums we secretly enjoy on our ipods and movies we would scoff at others for watching but we have in the dvd collection. Yes the Guilty pleasure is a staple in everyones collections, or lists of favorites T.V. shows and movies.

We can't help it really. A guilty pleasure is usually something aimed at the mass market so it has a hook, or a gag that acts like a gravitational pull, pulling you in till you can't help but accept the fact that you can see the qualities that make "Varsity Blues" a good movie in your eyes. A guilty pleasure isn't likely a very well made movie but there is a performance or something about the movie you can't place, something you just enjoy about it. So today I shall bare my soul..ok maybe not my soul but I will let you in on a few of the hidden favorites in the DVD collection..

Top Gulity Pleasure Movies:
(in no particular order)
Movies
1. Varsity Blues
2. Pushing Tin..I am a sucker for Cusack...
3. Desperado4. 80's John Hughes Movies.(Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off...etc)
5. Fifth element
6. The Commitments.
7. Not Another Teen Movie...good lord...
8. Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore...it's a tie..
9. A Few Good Men
10.Mean Girls..can't help it I just think this movie is funny thanks to Tina Fey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home