Thursday, April 12, 2007

Everyone likes new cd"s...




There are those who I talk music with that give me a hard time about listening to new bands. That I don't give new bands a chance....and they for the most part are right. I have a hard time finding something new and interesting in today's music world. Why listen to all the wanna Pearl Jam's(Yes Chad Kroger, Scott Stapp and Chris Doughtry that does in fact mean your dumb asses) when I can listen to the greatness that is Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam. And please the next person that tries to sell me on the "greatness" of My Chemical Romance will be shot. People love them the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, sure they're good but they haven't really changed over the last 3 albums or so(as I have mentioned before "Stadium Arcadium" did NOT need to be a double album) There have been a few bands that have struck a cord with me over the last few years however.

In my humble opinion I personally think The White Stripes are the best band going in terms of "Rock", I have constantly said they do more with two people than some bands do with 5, but Wolfmother, Sam Roberts and even The Arcade Fire are doing things a little different, making interesting music. Which brings me the the mighty KINGS OF LEON.

The Kings of Leon are an odd mix of southern rock sensibilities, The Power of The White Stripes and a drunk Bob Dylan singing...that's really the only way to describe them, and their new album keeps with that formula. "Because of the Times", the third album form the Kings is a mish mash of their first two albums(Youth and Young Manhood, Ahah Shake Heartbreak) but in a good way. They sing of life on the road and the bad girls that young rock starts always seem to find themselves with. There is a slight undertow of anguish, for lack of a better word to this album. I really can't get enough of this band. There are those out there that will disagree with me(Yeah "Emokid" in the north I am talking to you)when I say these guys are the best band that nobody has latched on to yet. They almost seem to be slightly under the radar. Hopefully their (great)album will get them the attention they deserve.. Days are good when you have a new Kings record to listen too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home