Thursday, February 08, 2007

As we get older...



It is an inevitability. Like death ,taxes and bad Nickelback albums, we can all be rest assured that we will get older, and as we do certain things are always expected of us as human beings, like work, relationships marriage blah blah blah. There is so much emphasis on "growing up" that it seems to me that people forget about things that they used to like. Things form their childhood. Like a person who is almost 30 can't freakin watch cartoons, let alone own them on dvd in full seasons.

I do believe that as we get older, yes more responsibility is thrown at us and that's fine I can handle that but for god sakes let go every once in awhile, watch some cartoons and eat some Captain Crunch damn it. Just cause you eat cereal and watch cartoons doesn't men you can't be a serious, successful person too.

The reason I bring this up is I still get excited about things like movie openings(surprised), like right now there are two "geek" movies coming up that I am looking forward to seeing Spider-man 3 and Transformers. Nothing wrong with that I say, you have to have a little fun in your life, the reason we all work is to make money and if you can use that disposable income to buy back your childhood I say why not. So what is this little rant leading up to?. What is it that I want to buy? Sure I want to one day own a life size Boba Fett Statue, or a replica of Luke Skywalker's Light saber, or a complete line of the first generation Transformers, but all those run in the thousands of dollars. No my faithful readers this is what I want!....Is that a bad thing?...Hell no...

Playlist of the day:

1. Taper Jean Girl- Kings Of Leon
2. Unknown Legend- Neil Young
3. Don't Stand So Close to Me- The Police
4. Loving Cup- Phish
5. Walk away- Ben Harper
6. Hotel Illness- The Black Crowes
7. Courdroy- Pearl Jam
8. Under Pressure- Queen and David Bowie
9. Last Broadcast- The Doves
10.Friend of The devil- The Grateful Dead
11.Stop This train- John Mayer
12.The Only Answer- Mike Doughty(also the Youtube Clip of the day)
13.New York City- moe.
14.Drifting- Trey Anastasio
15.Here She Comes Now- The VelvetUnderground

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

I believe it is Cap'n Crunch my friend... I'm not sure he's qualified to be all Captain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home