Monday, February 12, 2007

It's like when you hit "shuffle" on the ipod..


Some days you have a coherent thought that warrants a full length post, but then on others like, today, you get a random list of thoughts..more like rants..

1.So the Grammy's were the other day, the only thing of interest was the Police reunion. It was good. But why the FUCK did they have to do Roxanne. I know it was the big hit and the song most identifiable with the band but fuck that..that is what people expected...

2. Also on the Grammy topic. I get so pissed off that people feel the need to thank "God". It just seems so contrived. You hear that Mary J. Blige, I have to admit though I thanked God on Grammy night...when she shut the hell up..

3. Can some one please tell me what exactly Anna Nicole Smith ever did in life that warrants the coverage her death is getting. Didn't she model some jeans, get drunk and high, marry an old dude for money, get drunk and high,have a reality show, lose some weight, then get high again?..So why in hell is every show in the free world covering her damn death...I DON"T care..I can't even say "anymore"...that would mean I would have had to care at some point. She is getting more coverage than people like Ahmet Ertegun and James Brown...and that HAD an impact on the world.

4. Emo music- Good fucking Christ.Normally when I happen to listen to the radio I want to drive off a bridge at the crappyness of the music, but bands like My Chemical Romance and Afi make me want to kill myself cause they are just that damn depressing. It's like they thought one day a ballad just isn't good enough anymore. Let's whine even louder about the "heartbreak" we feel that society and our families don't like or understand us with big guitars behind us. There is a great line from High Fidelity that says,
"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" I believe it is the later...

5. The Doors- The following words may send people into a freak out session, especially if you are some arty high school kid "looking for all the answers". I was talking to a kid that works for me that tried to tell me that The Doors were the greatest rock band ever......."ummm..No they weren't" was my response. I will admit The Doors were good, but I do belive that they were the greatest OVERRATED BAND of the classic rock era!!! They barely deserve the place given them in the annals of rock history. Only one really solid album(L.A.Woman") at best they.. are a greatest hits band. Buy the Greatest hits and you will have all The Doors you will EVER need. Fuck Jim Morrison.....any art house geeks that come across this will now flame my ass..

Ok that's it for now...I have vented, it is now time to go watch The Departed on dvd and have a "Kieth's".....

PLAYLIST FOR THE DAY:

1. Walk On- Neil Young
2. Life Wasted- Pearl Jam
3. About A Girl(unplugged version)- Nirvana
4. Big Empty- Stone Temple Pilots
5. Don't look back in anger- Oasis
6. Morris Brown - OutKast
7. My Sweet One- Phish
8. A fool for You- Ray Charles
9. Turn On Me- The Shins
10.Titanic Terrarium- The Tragically Hip
11.Invisable Sun- The Police
12.Waiting in VAin- Bob Marley
13.Hotel Yorba- The White Stripes
14.Grand Pecking Order- Oysterhead
15.The Good in Everyone- Sloan

Youtube Clip of The day: Becasue we all need a good laugh

1 Comments:

At 2:40 AM , Blogger Lunchbox said...

I'm borrowing that movie. The only thing that looks bad about that movie is that they rushed it to DVD release about a week after it left the theatres.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home