Monday, March 31, 2008

DVD dissappointment.




Last night the Hetero-life mate's wife was out and he was home with the kids for the night so we decided to watch a movie as he couldn't go out for coffee, and it just so happens that had I just picked up Christopher Nolan's classic "Memento" after months and months of tring to find it and being told it was out of print and unavailable, it seemed like the night was set.

So I picked up coffee and headed to his house armed with hot caffeinated beverages and a great movie that I had been waiting to watch for a week, still even it's wrapper(much to the heterolife mate's surprise). So I opened up the dvd and that is when the shock of the evening came to pass. As i opened the package two empty dvd holders stared back at me. yup that's right...no fucking discs were in the package. we both couldn't believe it, how could there be no discs in the package, it's like when they forget to out the fries in the bag at the drive-thru. Forget fucking you in the drive-thru, they fuck you on 2 for $30 rack.

Oh well time to call the mindless drones at Futureshop, hopefully they can pull themselves away from gushing about the latest Fall Out Boy album to take my call.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Blogger Lunchbox said...

This is near irony:
- they forgot to put Memento DVD into the box.
- now you have no .. memento of the movie.
- all you have is an empty shell
- and you're angry with, really, no recourse.

I'd lend you mine, but I forgot to leave myself a note as to whom I lent it. If only I could have written that important fact somewhere .. permanent.

Remember: YOU WILL (probably) HATE THIS MOVIE THE FIRST TIME YOU WATCH IT. Plan to sit through it again a week later, when it's cooked a bit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home