Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What did I get myself into?




So last week we had a work dinner at the owners house. It was a nice BBQ and all were having a good time, a little shop talk and talking about the big local social issues it was a nice evening.

As we all eat our fill the discussion suddenly turns to Diet pop. Not sure how it got there but it did. It started out as a conversation as to how diet pop can actually lead to weight gain and so on. That's when the words were uttered, just a quick little blurb of a sentence but it stared the ball rolling on what came next. The Boss said "I need to stop drinking Diet Pop", now she drinks probably as much Diet Coke as I do, so this was significant, one of the other co-workers said "Well if you give up Diet Pop, I will give up coffee", not one to back down from a challenge as of late(i.e losing weight and going to the gym)I found myself saying "I want in on that action!".

It was at that point that I found myself entered into a last person standing take all $200 a person bet to give up Diet Pop. No Diet Ice Tea, Coke, nuthin. I don't think I have ever drank as much coffee and water as I have in the last week. But damn it I will win thing. $400 extra bones is a big trip to Best Buy after all...

by the way only 10 days till this comes out...start lining up now..I CANNOT WAIT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home