Saturday, July 04, 2009

Alittle late I know.

This is the set list from the Hip Show a couple of weeks ago.

1. The Depression Suite
2. Poets
3. Don't Wake Daddy
4. Family Band
5. Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man
6. The Last Recluse
7. Springtime In Vienna
8. Morning Moon
9. Ahead By A Century
10. In View
11. Love Is A First
12. Fireworks
13. Flamenco
14. Fiddler's Green
15. Grace, Too
16. Coffee Girl
17. Yer Not The Ocean
18. Bobcaygeon
19. Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)
20. Fully Completely
21. Now The Struggle Has A Name
22. Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
23. My Music At Work
24. Frozen In My Tracks
25. New Orleans Is Sinking

It was a great show and was great to see them in a theatre. I really think the new stuff translates well to the live show but one thing pissed me off. Now I could just be biased because I love the band, people just wouldn't give the new stuff a chance. Once a new song came on, they would sit down or that's when they would go to the bathroom. If you love the band give the new stuff a chance! You can't expect a band,especially one that Gord Downie is involved in, not to evolve. They are not the same band that gave us "New Orleans is Sinking" get over it. What they are are a better more cohesive grown up band. And I love them for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home