Monday, December 18, 2006

12 days till the flight home....

This lady says to me."Your from Campbell River right?"..My first response that came to my mind was"That's right Beyotch..Island Represent, you better recognize Yo!"..But I went with.."And I used to play hockey in your drive way.." And with that I had a brief conversation with the mother of a guy I went to school with. Why is that significant?.. That moment was the most interesting thing to happen so far here in the frozen north.(though not so frozen today..I think it's only like 0 degrees today..)


I have been working a lot and have only had 2 days off since I got here(today being the second. But last night the junkie did get his fix as I played poker. Dumbass structure they play with up here, but I made it work for me played really well, and would have won the $140 dollar pool last night if not for a miracle card on the river, after I went all in on a suited J\9, oh well I was the only one that didn't have to but back in.

Tonight is the Christmas party for the restaurant, kinda have to go but not really feeling it. Oh well, it will get me out of the hotel, which let me tell you(I have been staying here for a two weeks now and am going to be staying here for the duration of my stay here) I was kinda looking forward to staying in. Seemed like a great thing, fresh sheets everyday, fresh towels everyday and you come home from work and the room is magically clean. But I am getting a little stir crazy. No car, have to walk everywhere and this isn't like Victoria or Vancouver where you can walk a lot of places. You need a vehicle here.

That really is it, that is the update.....Only 12 days left...Then maybe I can get some Christmas shopping done..I'm sure everyone I am buying for doesn't want wale-Mart gift cards...But I do have a list for you...

Top five Favorite things to Fort St residents:

1. Energy Drinks- I don't know what the hell it issue could just be the people I work with but these people drink enough "Full Throttle" that they personally keep the company in business I think...They drink it like people in Cumberland drink Lucky..

2. Crappy Music- Mudvayne, afi, Tim McGraw and Crazyfrog, Billy Talent are all among the top five favorite recording artist among the the people I have met..almost makes me wish for some U2 to come on the discplayer....almost...

3. Poker...they aren't very good but hey works for me...And that's just not me being cocky or anything..The people I have played just really aren't that good...

4. Going out for dinner- Every restaurant in this town is busy..no matter what night...and the favourite place..the good old Boston Pizza...heavan help me....

5. Drinking- Really these people have nothing else to do.. It's cold, everything else but pubs, restarants and bars close at like 10pm. Even the Timmy's closes at 1030...god I need a coffee, I haven't had one since I got here, yes Dlae you read that right.....


Today's playlist:

The new K-os album, not the usual rap\hip-hop affair here, this guy is very cool and Canadain...

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

passed my test, got very drunk, its not cold here, i am chewin on some bubblesmurfs, & get your ass home....ps i should move there if drinkin & poker are top 5. fitz is back so let the games begin..."the sidekick" smells like mcdonalds pizza. and im out.

 
At 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Coffee?

Well it goes along with the "no sex" you're probably having.

Hahahahahaha

Seriously, tough it out and you'll be home in no time. Then I can listen to you tell me how you "folded the best hand at the table" while I take all your money.

As for smelling like pizza, It's just what your mom was feeding me.....in bed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home