Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wasted time...Fuck I hate technology sometimes...




So I have just spent the last hour writing a blog post about how I feel today's music fans ignore, what I feel, is the most important genre of music in the formation of Rock music, The Blues. But what happens as I go to spell check and post the thing...Computer has a hick up because of a power surge or something(lights flickered) and I lost the whole thing. At this point I don't have the energy to write it out again. So pissed...

The basic argument is that I feel people give too much credit to people like Elvis for creating Rock Music, and fail to acknowlegde the Robert Johnson, Howling Wolf, B.B King, Willie Dixon, and Muddy Waters of the world. If you have never listened to or spent much time with the Blues, go and explore it. You will not find a more honest ,personal, and truly passionate music form.

In the mean time I have an evening of Nhl 07 and High Fidelity to get to. Also as a side note The Tragically Hip are on the Hour with George Stroumboulopolis tonight for the whole hour. I urge you to check it out...

I will merely leave you with today's play list:

1. Waste- Phish
2. I got a woman- Ray Charles
3. Five Days In May- Blue Rodeo
4. The Thrill is Gone- B.B. King
5. World Container- The Tragically Hip
6. You can't always get what you want- The Rolling Stones
7. No Sleep- Sam Roberts
8. Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson
9. Pay for what you get- Dave Matthews Band
10.Sweet Jane- The VelvetUnderground
11.Soilder Jane- Beck
12.Immortality- Pearl Jam
13.Tangerine- Led Zepplin
14.Can't get out of these blues alive- John Lee Hooker
15.In Repair- John Mayer


The YouTube Clip Of the Day- A sample of the Blues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home