Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Well now, that's kinda a chink in the armour isn't it?




Today was good day, but anytime a new Tragically Hip album comes out is a good day. But more on that later. The real good news came as I was reading the paper, listening to the new Hip album and drinking my Venti Mocha Light Frappacinno at my local Starbucks. I was flipping through the arts section when I came across it. An article about my favorite person in the world. Yes Bono was in the news, and it wasn't good news either.


I have been waiting to see the chink in the Bono\U2 armor for awhile now. I want to see Bono fail and be shown for what he really is..A Rockstar, not the Nobel prize nominated, political, fucking bastard that he comes across as. And today's news shows that. Now what came out today isn't as damaging as if he was found in a Super 8 motel with an 8-ball, 3 dead hookers and that kid from Hansen but for him it comes close.

You see "Mr. Lets strike down African debt and end third world poverty" has been petitioning the government of his home land of Ireland to put more towards the debt relief of third world countries. Money that would come from tax revenue. That's all fine and dandy right, typical Bono. With me so far? So recently the Irish government scrapped a tax break that would allow artists to not pay taxes on royalties.

So what do you think King Bono's reaction was to this? Did he think great more of my money can go to reliving debt because I pay much in taxes, I made 105 million last year you know, so I have leverage with the government. I can set an example for all my other Rockstar friends. Of course not, the hypocritical bastard decided to move the bands publishing company to the Netherlands where he will be paying half the taxes he would be if he stayed in Ireland. Does that make much sense. Is that going to help your cause there Bono? No it just makes you look like a moron. Way to set that example.

Here is a guy that stands on his pulpit and says that the western world needs to help those in the third world, that we need to give more and countries need to give more and all he does when it comes to his vast bank accounts is shudder it up in tax breaks so he can have more. I hope this shuts the bastard up....Fuck I hate this guy and can't express the glee I had to finally see some bad press. Now if music critics would get on board and give a U2 album a bad review maybe we can be rid of this guy...

I am going to go listen to the new Hip album again now...fucking Bono....

Todays playlist: Is there any real question..The Tragically Hip- World Container

and your Youtube clip of the day

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

Venti Mocha Light Frappacinno?

Are you gay?

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger jobe said...

what guy can't enjoy his over priced but very tasty coffee beverage with out being called "gay"?...what the hell is the world coming too...homo...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home