Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I knew I would have a use for them eventually...




So as you may have been following here and on that other blog, I have been in fact going to the gym, and as of late running, on actual roads. But this is not about the progress in the weight loss area, the aching muscles, the early mornings that my body is so use to that I can't sleep past 7am anymore or even that one guy at the gym that works out in his jeans. No, this is about something a little more important than those things, this is about the one thing that gets me through those early mornings on the treadmill and through that last km of the evening run. This is about music damn it...


Yes, that's right folks,music. Now some might say that will power and determination are the corner stones to a successful work out. But no the real corner stone is the mix on the ipod(or ZUNE!) that gets you through damn it. Sure the thoughts of the coffee at the end of the workout is like the carrot dangling in front of the(still overwieght according to the BMI for his age and height) turtle, but really it's the music that gets you through.

So what prey tell goes into the "Gym Mix". Well let me say that the cd collection does not just include classic records,underground artists and Tragically Hip albums, no there was a time when I listened to ALOT of bands like Korn and ,as much as I hate to say hate it, limp Bizkit and those albums are still in the collection and all though I don't excatly listen to them much anymore, I still have an appreciation for them (well except the bizkit) and believe that every album has a place. And I have discovered that having someone swear at you in Chinese gets your still still-fat-in-the-eyes-of-the-medical-world ass moving in the morning.

I have always been of the opinion that "angry music" is not always the best thing in the morning,though someone I know from Port Alberni would disagree with me, but when facing extreme physical exertion before 7am in the morning, it works..

A sample of the gym mix

1.Blind - Korn
2.Killing in the name of..- Rage against The Machine
3.Deer Dance- System of a Down
4.Happiness is slavery- Nine Inch nails
5.Women- Wolf Mother
6.Testify- Rage Against The Machine
7.Freak On a Leash- Korn
8.Sabatoge- Beastie Boys
9.Wait and Bleed- Slipknot
10.Cochise- Audioslave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home