Friday, August 08, 2008

Yeah!!!.. I can't Wait!....(he types sarcastically)




Well, after 4 very short years since the last big track meet they call The Summer Olympics they are back and officially open in Beijing.....can you feel the excitement...yeah that's what I thought.

I have stated openly before about my disdain for the Summer Olympics. I know the athletes are world class and worked their asses off to get there, but really compared to the Winter Games, they are just ...well....boring to watch(except Beach Volleyball). I can't get excited about rowing, or the 2000 miles marathon or some shit. I mean in the Winter games you could very possibly have some one die, there is an element of danger to it, and as we all know danger means excitement.The Winter Olympics has people running down mountains at 150 miles an hour on ski's, they have people going down an iced up track on a sled head first, what does the Summer games have?...discus.

Now don't get me wrong I hope my country does well and all but if you want me to watch spice it up a little. Sure you can still have the 200 meter breast stroke, but think of what it could be if you add say...sharks in the tank. Marathon runners?....chased by cheetahs, the floor exercises in gymnastics?...electrical current wired through out the floor, possibilities are endless. So for those of you that actually watch the Olympics hey have fun drink lots of coffee to stay awake. I'll be waiting over here watching paint dry......god I can't wait for Hockey Season...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home