Monday, January 16, 2012

trading up



I remember like it was yesterday. It was a day in early January and I had been working up north for the month of December and had a little extra cash for doing burning a hole in my pocket without knowing what to do with it. Now I had the trusty discman (yes a discman...gives you some perspective on the time this story is taking place huh?)that went everywhere with me. Mix Cd's were the order of the day...but something was missing...15 to 20 songs wasn't enough. so it was decided...a 4gig ipod nano would be purchased and life was good.

Here you had a little device that I could store 300-500 songs on(you found quite quickly live Phish albums/concerts took up alot of room)but not only did it hold alot it was not nearly as cumbersome. The nano was my new fashion accessory.

But as an ex-girlfriend told me once "things change, people change" and I decided today...that my nano had done enough..it had served its purpose but like that girlfriend years ago..I too needed a change.

So today armed with Best Buy gift cards I put the nano off to pasture with the purchase of a new ipod touch, 8gigs of music(and podcast) pleasure.....should go great with the bose headphones i got at Christmas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home