Monday, December 25, 2006

Rest in Peace Soul Brother #1

I awoke this morning still in a hotel, still exhausted and wishing I was at home. But it's kinda been like that for a good week now. I almost forgot it was Christmas morning actually. I think being away from home on this day will do that to you. So the Brother (from the same mother) and I made breakfast and drank coffee and baileys, then choco-milk and baileys and exchanged gifts. I am now the proud owner of Batman the animated series Season 1, and he the proud owner of Transformers the movie Special edition. Must say I was jealous buying it for him cause I wanted it..But I digress. We went for dinner with the other people here that have no where else to go at the Head managers house, where we played poker all afternoon and ate a great dinner. I do hope all that read this had a great day as well. Dlae give me a call at the hotel bastard. To the home office. I didn't get a chance to call this morning but you did cross my mind and I hope that all is well and you had a good day.

With all this cheer however,I was shocked and a little let down when I read that the great James Brown passed away today."The Godfather of Soul" and the self-descrobed hardest working man in show business, James Brown was a musical revolutionary. He redefined a sound and genre of music,he made and was the definiton of funk and influenced some of the great artist of the generation. Everyone from Mick Jagger to Michael Jackson to Eddie Murphy all owe him a debt of gratitude. The music world will miss the spirit of James Brown. Sure he had is bad times(being in Prison and leading cops on car chases) but the mark that he left on the world with his music will forever be remebered.

Today's playlist:James Brown Remembered

1. Superbad Parts 1& 2
2. Papa's got brand new bag
3. Sex Machine
4. I feel Good
5. Soul Power
6. Say it Loud(I'm Black and I'm proud)
7. The Payback
8. Night Train
9. It's a man' man's man's world
10.Cold Sweat
11.Get up offa that thing
12.Get on the good foot
13.Please,Please,Please
14.Hot PantsPt 1&2
15.Give it up,or turn it loose


your youtube clip of the day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home