Thursday, August 11, 2005

The personal side...

Now ,I'm not the only one of my friends with one of these places to post thoughts and spew the shit that comes across our brains through out any given day. The Hetero-life mate posts about family and such, another good friend posts about everything from everyday things to very personal things on any number of his twelve blogs. Even the girlfriend has one ! It seems that I have this fear of putting certain aspects of my life out there, though whoever reads this(aside from the 3 or 4 people that I know read this patch of random thoughts) doesn't even know me and will never know me. At most I'm this pop culture freak, who's blog they came across one day by complete accident, a faceless place on the virtual landscape. So why is it so hard to talk about those things that are most dear to me like my friends, family, girlfriend( Yes there are things more important than cd's, dvd's, movies and books and what ever else it is I end up talking about.) when I don't even know the people reading this diatribe of mine.I wonder if it's because I know some of them read this thing and I worry about what they might think about what I'm writing. I'm almost scared of being vulnerable I think. It's like I'm scared to open up..As it is in the real world there are only like 5 people out of my circle of friends who "I really talk to" as cliche as it sounds, they know who they are and I thank them for it. Yup this just got a little personal didn't it...I feel like I should rant about something like how much Nickelback suck and How I seem to have a love hate relationship with Jerry Bruckhiemer movies...but I won't... maybe this is a step in the right direction. ...Like I should care what a bunch of faceless strangers think and anything I ever put out here my friends will more than likely hear first anyway...oh well.....Ill leave it at that.... I'm sure I'll regret this later...

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM , Blogger Lunchbox said...

Isn't that always the question? I mean, what do you share? What's too much?

Sometimes I think I'm /trying/ to push the env on DT, and I figure you guys will just bail on it when the sharing violation is reached.

My general rule used to be: share everything on the anonymous blogs, and filter it for the public one. Even so, even J doesn't even read SB, MBoS and especially not DT; she notices me posting to 2 of them but doesn't even ask where they are. I suck that much.

And hey: the friends and family will eventually stumble across them and recognize the characters even if you change the names. That's just something you'll have to live with.

And I'm listening to Nickelback at this very moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home