Thursday, October 27, 2005

Movies from the past...

So a few days ago the Sidekick put up a post about movies from childhood and how they got us excited and how we still remember them today with fondness and the fact that some them just don't hold up. So this got me to thinking about a list for myself. I will stick to his rule or omission that Star Wars doesn't count..as this is Star Wars we're talking about and for our generation this truley is the holy triliogy also I wanted to think of movies that not everyone my age would think of . So I began to look back throught he mists of my memory to those nights that used to be so cool when you were a kid. The nights when Mom said it was home made pizzas for dinner and made pop corn and the nights when I watched about 50% of the movies that I remeber from that time...yes thats right the family movies nights. I was lucky in that my Dad liked cool movies...his criteria was always the same...get something with blood, guts, explosions and guns....so here we go.

1.)Indiana Jones movies-- The second of the influential triliogies. but i would have to go with Raiders of the lost Ark as being the movie that sticks most in my mind.And it still holds up...

2.)The Black Hole---I remeber that this movie scared the hell out of me as a kid. The big red robot Maximillian this wasn't the usual Disney fare.

3.)E.T.-- Now alot of people would pick this movie and i have seen it alot, but not really in the last ten years or so. But I do remeber that this was the first movie I shed a tear about...No not when E.T. is at the bottom of the river, but actaully outside the theater when my Mom said we couln't go becasue it was sold out...give me a break I was 5.

4.)The Dark Crystal--I remeber this movie as being the first muppet movie that didn't have Kermit. A good movie.

5.)Rambo first blood---Part 1 and 2-- senseless violence thats all just Fun movies.Mindless fluff

6.)Superman--- Come on its fricken Superman for Christ's sake. This movie captured the imagination of any young kid.

7.)Ferris Bueller's day Off---- By the time this movie came out I was a little bit older to appreciate it. Still funny...kind of a gulity pleasure in some peoples eyes I'm sure....

8.)Wargames-- This movie was just fun to me...I remeber watching this movie many times...

9.)Back to the Future---Come on Mcfly..who didn't like this movie...a cool car...time travel...A Heuy Lewis and the News soundtrack..and Christopher Lloyd...and a hot Lea Thompson as the Mom...

10.)Robocop---Who could forget Robocop...I remeber that as an 10 year old this movie was the coolest thing ever. I just rewatched the trilogy and this movie still holds up as entertaining.

Well thats the first ten I could think of I'm sure i could think of more but Ill leavee you with this list. Feel free to leave your lists or even just your favorite from when you were a kid...

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

I didn't know you were such a Matthew Broderick whore....
Not that it surprises me.
The kid could start a thermonuclear war but I bet he didn't use the spellchecker either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home