Monday, October 17, 2005

ok so its been over a week.....

Ok...ok...ok...I know...as the regular 3 readers of this little corner of cyberspace have been letting me know its been awhile since there has been some knew drivel to read so I thought I would tell you why.

Latley it would seem that i have been living out of a suitcase.Not that this is a bad thing in any way shape or form. I have been spending all my days off in Victoria with Jen.So I thought I would share some highlights of the last couple of visits.

1. My wonderful girlfriend picked me up some movie posters(that still need framing) from a travelling poster sale at her university. I am now the proud owner of A Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and the piece de resistance , Mallrats movie posters.

2. Picked up a copy of the new 10th anniversary edition of Mallrats. Now its good but after the great job they did with the "Clerks X" edition the Mallrats was a little bit of a let down but still worth picking up.The major draw back is its one of them doulbe sided dvds. No picture graphics on the disc just the disc its self, I am not a big fan of these but oh well.

3. We went and checked out that Nic Cage movie 'Lord of War", I suggest seeing this movie if you havent already done so, it was good and interesting and slighty thought provoking with out being preachy.

4.4 bottles of good red wine, shared with amazing company

5. Jen had to see this play called "The accidental death of an anarchist" by Dariin Fo for one of her classes, that was being put on by the drama department at the university.( I wont give you plot details cause well I dont want to and besides thats what google is for) So we decided to make an evening of it and got kinda dressed up and went to have dinner at our favorite restaurant Pagliacci's, But we get there and its closed.....for Yom Kuppur...thats right an Italian restaurant closed for a Jewish Holiday....made me laugh....so we went to the keg(my first time ever) had a nice dinner, got wine spilled on me, laughed about it...really i did..and went to the play. Very good, very funny. scope it out if your into that kinda thing.
6. and at the complete opposite end of the creative spectrum we checked out that new Ryan Renolds movie "Waiting", low brow humour but made me laugh out loud in a theatre. So worth a cheap night kinda thing.
7. Jen's friend danielle is going to move to germany next week. Why is this important, well, Danielle is a music fan and took to collecting records and actually built a nice collection. I spent 2 hours at a party one night going through it. But it has come time for her to move and alas she can't take it all with her so. I have been given origianl, not reissues, of hree Velvet Underground albums to add to my collction. The velvet underground and Nico, White light\white heat and the amazing Loaded album. Loaded is an album i have only recently discovered in the last year but I urge all to check it out...so very good and my favorite album by the Velvet underground.
Now im getting ready to go back in a week, but this time I actually have a shopping agenda...have to buy clothes for the wedding...what wedding you ask?...this is another story but I do leave for the yearly visit to the homeoffice in a couple of weeks. Excited to see the staff and I do so enjoy my vists there.
I leave you with that...not overly exciting I know...but hey I never lived in Port Alberni, so I guess I don't really know what excitment is. At least thats what I have been led to belive.......HAHAHAHAHA....

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

It's not like you don't have computer access down there...
And I'm sure that Jen's computer has a FUNCTIONAL spell checker.

Nice to hear that the date for the annual trip to the home office is coming up.
Make sure you give my regards to the CEO, or at least the director of Human Resources

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home