Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Opening day...1 more sleep.

Its finally that time of year again and let me say that it has been much to long since I have been able to say these words...Tomorrow is opening day. If I have to explain what opens on October 5th, do me a favor...Click on the next button on your task bar, or even press the back button on your task bar...Click what ever button you need to click to get you the hell out of here...Cause god damn it its the start of Hockey season and if you don't care about that then you are a heartless, non patriotic, born somewhere else, person with no love of all that is Canadian...That or you are American.
For those still here let us rejoice in the fact that its time once again for the season to start, once again time for Hockey Night In Canada, Sat night double headers and of course love him or hate him, the season wouldn't be the same without him, the one and only Don Cherry. Ah yes it is truly a season to look forward to. I for one was not a fan of the strike and am not sorry to say that I did side with the players on the most part..but as things went on I realized that I saw the owners point and began to hope for both sides to come up with a deal that would help both sides. This I think is what was achieved...I have never looked more forward to a season as I have this year. I love the fact that all the teams do seem to be on more equal footing, every game has the potential to be exciting and mean something. Of course I would be remiss to not mention my overwhelming optimisim for my beloved Montreal Canadians, an exciting looking roster, young guys a great goalie....im not saying they are going to win the cup...sure like every fan I want my team to win but I'm also a realist...as long as they beat the Leafs on a consistent basis..and finish higher in the standings than said Leafs and make the playoffs ...I'm good!
One more sleep...then hockey will be back, it just seems right and comforting to know that hockey is back...its good to be canadian....new Hockey season, that I can watch while drinking my Tim Hortons coffee and\ or Molson Canadian beer while eating my plate of poutine and having my maple dipped dounut for dessert all while wearing my Montreal Canadians jersey....there are very few things more Canadian than hockey on a Sat night...Sat nights always revolved around hockey, we didnt go anyhere till the game was over. If we were having a party, the game came first....it always brings back memeories of childhood..playing road hockey till 4pm when the Montreal game started....Hockey is just such part of our genetic make-up in Canada...be glad its back...yes some say its just a game...but its our game. Embrace it, its part of our identity as a country, and a people. I'm glad your back NHL...may you never leave again.....

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger ThatGirl said...

I could not agree with you more...F'n A hockey, f'n A.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home