Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I hate this time of year....

AArrggghhh!!!! This is the thought and word that so often enters my mind when looking at the current release schedules for cds and dvds. This time of years sucks ass...with so little on the horizon before the holiday season, save for a few highlights like the tenth anniversary edition of MALLRATS, a new Neil Young album, I have little hope...lol... I also thought that maybe because of the small town aspect of my town that maybe I'm just missing stuff. This apparently is not the case,I spent last weekend at the Pearl Jam concert in Vancouver and nothing caught my eye there. So I had hope for my trip this weekend to spend time with Jen at her new residence in Victoria a city that in my mind is a little more cultured and in-touch than the "Big Smoke"(an awesome trip but a tale for another time...lol...I know, Jen stop laughing...)that maybe I would find something, but noooo all I found was a fat load of nothing. The 2 1\2 hour car ride did however allow me to spend some time with cds that I havent spent time with lately and mearly reminded me how good they are, like the new Beck album"Guero", a healthy dose of The Kings of Leon albums which I cannot say enogh good things about..go out and get them damn it...I did take in an Imax movie while I was there about Whales...yeah thats right I said whales and it was good too...so stop laughing at the educational aspects of the movie, it was amazing to see whales on a six story screen. But in the opening montage of the movie to promote the "Imax Experience" you catch a glimpse of Star Wars on a six story screen...this is now my new goal and dream...to see Star Wars on an Imax screen..I have seen the Matrix Reloaded on the imax screen but there is some thing about seeing Star Wars on a screen that big, the scream of Tie-fighters, Light saber battles, geek central really....but oh well...that's that nothing exciting here..don't worry Jen I'm working on the post that you want me to write...lol...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home