Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Well that was interesting....

So the ten year reunion came and went and I did end up going...This was a very surreal and weird experience, one however that for all the hastle and headaches it caused me to get there, I am glad I went. It went a little something like this....

So I had decided to take Jen up on her offer of going to the reunion with me. This was a great offer and an example of how great she is as I know she could have thought of a million things to do than go to this gathering of what I reemeber being something akin to sharks. So she came over(already looking great) while I got ready and we had a drink..one of many I had planned on having that evening. So after that the plan was to meet my best friend from high school at the bar where we had to catch the water taxi to the reunion(they had it at a nice lodge just across the water from town). So Jen and I got there early and I continued to have a couple of drinks just to calm the nerves a little. Ken, my buddy from high school shows up, and we wonder on down to the boat to the lodge. down on the dock I run into another guy from school I still see as he lives in town and we cross paths every once in awhile.
It's when we get on the boat that things start to get a little weird, as it was on the boat that faces the past start to show up. Two girls from high school got on board at the last minute and the looks of "Oh my god I haven't seen you in ten years" and the obligatory small talk ensues. As we get to the lodge, the heart beating a little faster at the unknown of what lies ahead , more faces and names of the past start flooding into view. Another of my good friends from high school, that I was really hoping to seem, was there and I made the introductions to Jen and the evening was off to the races. We continued to mingle before dinner, about 50 of us altogether, and everything was good. People that you didn't talk to in school you were suddenly having a good conversation with, all the pretenses of school groups and hierarchy had vanished. It was actually kinda refreshing to see that everyone had seemed to grow up.
Dinner came and we all kinda kept in the comfort zone of eating with those that we liked or were still friends with. And being as this was a hastily thrown together event there was no agenda so drinks continued to flow after dinner and into the evening. It was actually kinda cool seeing those people again..don't really wanna do it again anytime soon but I did end up having fun and a nice time.(Thanks again for coming Jen!) The after math of the evening was a little high school though...gossipy..but oh well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home