Monday, November 28, 2005

Oh boy... here we go....


So...The axe came down today on Prime Minister Paul Martin's minority government. The Offical Oppostion did what they said they would do and forced a non-confidence vote against the Liberals. Now not only do we as Canadians have to worry about buying that perfect gift, that "Damn it if I go to that office Christmas party I'm going to miss the hockey game", damn this Tim Horton's drive-thru takes for ever but now we also have to worry about a damn holiday election.

Now we can't complain to loudly I guess, we new it was going to come eventually, but wouldn't it be nice to at least get through the holidays before listening to the mud slinging that we KNOW this election is going to have. Harper will say something about organized crime again, Layton will struggle to say anything with out a soap box to stand on and Martin..Well it will be more of the same."we cut taxes, we support Medicare..blah..blah..blah. I don't mean to sound like our political system is predictable but when you know what's coming...Well it can get a little tiresome.

But to the task at hand...Were is this election going to go? Now I for one do not really subscribe myself to one party, I am not a registered Liberal or some thing, I like to think I listen to both sides and make an informed opinion an decision. But I am willing to bet a Stompin Tom Connors album, a Extra large coffee from Tim Horton's and a crispy crunch bar that the Liberals will stay in power, even with the sponsorship scandal in their closet, Paul Martin at this point seems the lesser of the evils.


I personally Do Not Like Steven Harper he scares me in that he will run this country based on his, in my opinion, far right thinking and reglious beliefs . That is scary. I also don't think that he has what it takes to stand up to countries like the U.S. and make a stand he does come across as bit of a wimp. Layton is just a small man looking for power and don't really trust him farther than I can throw him. He seems to me to be a guy who will do what is right for him in the long run,he will flip==flop on his decisions and that does not bode well for this country.


That leaves Martin, who for all that is said about him, which is probably true, Will stand up against the powers that be down south, he and his government was a little more free thinking than the others with his stand on gay marriage, which though not gay I can applaud him for. This is the kind of things that the leader of this country needs to do to make Canada, as a country, a leader in the world and not another U.S. clone or patsy. Not be afraid to rattle some cages and for the love of god doesn't make his decisions based on his religious beliefs like Harper and that Chucklehead down South...That and Bono doesn't like him so that's gotta account for something good in my book. Now I know this might sound like I am a card carrying member of the Liberal party but this is not true. I just like a little more ;left thinking. But all in all it should be interesting..aslong as the debates don't interrupt hockey..

3 Comments:

At 6:29 PM , Blogger Lunchbox said...

Dude,
- I'm afraid of Layton's non-government almost as much as I am of Harpers New Christian World Order.
- you gotta break this thing into paragraphs, man. I actually bailed out of reading after about a para because this big, nasty block of text was chasing it. eeeek! Run from the big block of text!

8-)

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger jobe said...

you know..I'll work on that..lol...I just get in this typing craze...lol

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

Got to love the "Edit Posts" button. (Hint Hint Hint Motherfucker)
I'm scared of any Canadian government. Even the one we already have.
This country has been so far left for so long, that just about any change is good.
However I do believe that Canadians will do what we always do, and that is maintain the status quo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home