Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well now, That didn't take long did it?


Now I had said to myself after the election that I wouldn't talk about Steven Harper for awhile, I figured I would see what would happen first, see if he could deliver anything of that which he promised......2 days people...2 days and he(in my humble opinion)has already started the back tracking on his campaign stance of a "more responsible government". He wanted to bring back "responsible government" and he believed that members of the senate must be elected and he would stop appointing people to the senate...2 days...And those ideas all went to hell.

Prime Minister Bush...I mean Harper...Was sworn in on Monday and then proceeded to unveil his new cabinet of ministers, and this is where the first rub..Of many to follow I'm sure...Took place. The guy appointed a guy Public Works Minister...Who get this...Didn't even get elected..Didn't even run for parliament, he's just merely a political ally of Mr. Harper...But he got appointed to the senate first so until he can run in a by-election to get elected "for real". How does he defend this?...As a way to bring Ministers in from Montreal a city that didn't elect a Conservative MP(in fact the Conservative government doesn't have and MPs from any of our countries three major cities.)...Then what happens...He somehow..Money or something I'm sure...Gets a Liberal to cross the floor to become the international trade minister...There is back lash going on in his riding now...People in Vancouver feel betrayed(don't blame them) and are demanding that he pay back the funds ($93,000) that were raised for his campaign as a Liberal....

Yes sir..Mr. Steven Harper cleaning up parliament Hill one back door deal at a time.......

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

Bitter, just bitter, aren't you?

We discussed this the other night, and I stand by what I said then.
1) Crossing the floor is wrong, unless the member can prove to his constituents that they are doing it for the good of the area, and their constituents allow it.
2) I said that running a country is like running a business. You get the right people for the job. I would imagine that appointing a guy from Baffin Island to be Public Works Minister would be wrong, as they only have one working toilet. So get someone from the major cites. I don't agree with how he did it, but at least he's not hiding it...Like the Liberals would have.

3) You have an unhealthy back door fixation, I think.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home