Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Insomnia sucks.....


Here it is 130 in the morning and I have been trying to sleep for like 2 hours now...This sucks. So I put this disclaimer out before I go any further..Remember I am tired and any thoughts that may seem like they are coming from a crazy man, or may seem like they are incomplete ramblings of a lunatic, please remember they are coming through a mind filled with the hazy feeling of some slight sleep deprivation all will be fine tomorrow...Hopefully.

The funny thing about not being able to sleep is that's all you can think about is going to sleep..Oh they tell you that you just need to relax and clear your mind...But that shit don't work, all you can think about is going to sleep..Then that leads to oh shit I have to work in the morning, oh crap I have to get up in like 4 hours for work...God I just want to sleep.

But you also start thinking about other stuff, when you can't sleep, you can really get a lot of thinking done..A lot of useless thinking, like hey I have some laundry to do tomorrow. Which is fine for the first hour then you start thinking crazy things like "Hey I should make a CD of nothing but ABBA covers", which of course seems like a fun idea at the time till you realize that A.) you hate ABBA and B.) That's right you hate ABBA...And C.) Why would any one ever need a whole CD of ABBA covers..

So you toss and turn..Then you get up to watch T.V. and realize that isn't helping..So you decide to go to bed and finish reading your book that you thought you were to tired to read when you went to bed in the first place. So you finish the last few pages of Hunter.S.Thompson's Kingdom Of Fear and think..."OK I am ready to sleep...So you turn off the light and roll over but again the thinking starts and there is no way you are goin to sleep.

The thought crosses my mind to call Jen but I realize that she was pretty tired when I talked to her a couple of hours ago and she is probably sleeping peacefully by now so I begin to read the book she gave me for Christmas "BOB DYLAN-Chronicles vol.1", so you read the first few chapters and realize that isn't doin it either..so here I am blogging about my damn troubles sleeping. Not that those of you out there are going to care but maybe this will help....the warm glow of the monitor lulling me to sleep...damn you all that slept well last night!!...at least I know the sidekick isn,t getting much more than I am with Tristan(Brodie) now in the household.

I can't get too mad at this no sleep thing though, because it might even be my fault...See I had to drive home from spending New Year's in Victoria with Jen this evening and to keep myself alert and wake I did stop for coffee twice but this should not have affected me like this and that was HOURS ago...oh to be sleeping peacefully right now...well might as well try again....

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

If rubbing one out works, he would have slept for 24 years.

Try hard drugs or alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home