Tuesday, August 16, 2005

There has to be some law or rule....

So, it's Tuesday today, and as we know that means new CD's and DVD's come out today. Now this has been a day I have been looking forward to,(No not Tuesday in general,but this particular Tuesday) as it is the day that one of the most original, what I think will be influential, best movies I have seen in a long time comes to DVD. This cinematic gem of which I speak??...SIN CITY!. For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about this movie was a big box office surprise ealrier this year. It's stars a larger ensemble cast will notable performances by Bruce Willis, A fantastic "come back" for Hollywood tough guy mocked Rourke , Clive Owen, Jessica ALba, a great performance by Benicio Del Toro, and more. It's directed by Robert Rodriguez, with co-direction by Frank Miller(the comic great who created the comic that is the source material for this movie) and Rodriguez's good buddy, Quinten Tarantino.
This movie is a visual masterpiece and I have never seen anything much like it. Its is so true to the source material that I was amazed. It was created using a technique that Rodriguez developed and is a sight to behold, in my humble opinion. Now as I have said rthis is based on a comic book, but this is not SPIDER-MAN or BATMAN..this is not for kids of an early age. Check it out.
The other thing that came out today that really pissed me off to no-end, and forced me to post on this day is the release of a Hilary Duff greatest Hits album!!..and not just a disc but a special collector's edition with extended liner notes ,signed post cards of hilary..blah..blah..balh.. Fuck Hilary Duff!!! How is it possible that a girl who I though had only released 1 maybe 2 albums could have a greatest hits album! Doe't you have to be around for awhile to have a greatest hits album let alone one with the "collector's edition" treatment...good god and people wonder why the music industry is going down fuckin hill. A band like the Offspring for instance(not a big fan..) but at least they have been around for years and released more than 2 albums. and they just released a greatest hits package a month ago. How long has Miss.Duff been in our faces with her acting and singing..3..maybe...
It just bugs me that her record company is tring to cash in on her audience before her obvious expiriry date comes along. But couldn't they just get new songs written for her to sing. If she had just released a new album I wouldn't be going off, but this also isn't the first time that I have been bugged by this. I remeber when Brittany had a greatest hits album come out..my god...is it that point in a persons career already. Shouldn't there be some time limit or a pre-requsite number of albums put out before one can put out a greatest hits album. God it just bugs me..and worst of all How can Hillary Duff have a greatest hits record...its absolutly redundant..hits maybe but I wouldn't use the word great anywhere near Hillary Duff when talking about her music..or acting.....good god!!!. Oh well nothing I can do but complain I guess...I wonder when that Jack Johnson greatest hits album is coming out.....

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM , Blogger Dlae said...

Greatest Hits are for lazy people who don't have the time or commitment to pick up an artists entire catalouge. But I will say that you are correct in the Hillary Duff thing, albeit I plan on being her greatest "Hit".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home